- Applications for membership must be approved by majority vote of the Membership Committee and this vote will be final.
- Membership can be withdrawn upon request.
- Membership may not be transferred.
- Membership privileges without payment of fees will be granted only by specific authority of the Executive Board and only in unusual circumstances.
- A delinquency of more than ninety days cancels membership rights and privileges.
- Annual Meetings - The place of each meeting shall be announced at least twenty days prior to the meeting date using the HomePage and ANZIBA Internet Mail.
- Special meetings - Special meetings in addition to the annual business meeting provided for in Article 4 of ANZIBA Constitution may be called by the Executive Board. Notice of the time, place, and agenda of such special meetings shall be given to the members by ANZIBA Internet Mail and the HomePage at least 20 days prior to the meeting date.
- Duties Of Officers
- The President shall preside at all meetings of the Academy and of the Executive Board.
- The President shall appoint and instruct all committees.
- The President shall be responsible for the strategic and administrative direction of the Academy, and for supervising the functions of the other officers and of the Executive Secretary/Treasurer.
- In the event of resignation or death of any of the elected officers of the Academy, (including Immediate past President) his/her position shall be filled through election by the remaining members of the Board. The President or Acting President shall have a deciding vote in the case of a tied ballot.
- Only the President and the Executive Secretary/Treasurer may sign official documents, and authorise any payments, disbursements, transfers or redemptions from the accounts of ANZIBA,and then only for ANZIBA purposes. In the normal course of business, the Executive Secretary/Treasurer may sign cheques or authorise payments to a maximum of AUD$1,500 per month to the same recipient, but must seek approval afterwards from the President. Prior approval from the President is needed for larger or more frequent disbursements.
- Duties Of The Executive Secretary/Treasurer
- The Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall take the minutes of all meetings of the Academy and submit the same to the President for review and revision. After said review and revision the Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall mail the minutes to the members of the Executive Board for final approval and place them on the HomePage and post them on ANZIBA Internet Mail.
- The Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall conduct the correspondence of the Academy.
- The Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall keep a correct list of all members in good standing.
- The Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall be responsible for the arrangements for the annual business meetings and the special meetings of the Academy.
- The Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall be responsible for billing and collecting all fees, special assessments and other items of income.
- The Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall have custody of all funds of the Academy and shall deposit or invest said funds as directed by the Executive Board.
- The Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall keep full and accurate records of all receipts and investments in books belonging to the Academy. He/she shall submit an annual financial statement to the President at the end of each fiscal year. Said statement shall be reviewed and revised by the President and then submitted by the Executive Secretary/Treasurer to the Executive Board for approval.
- The Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall prepare special financial reports in the same manner when requested by the President.
- The Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall execute and administer such projects as the Executive Board may delegate to him/her.
- The Executive Secretary/Treasurer shall have the accounts of ANZIBA independently audited at least once a year, and circulate the auditor’s report to the Executive Board in a timely manner and place the report on the HomePage and post the report on the ANZIBA Internet Mail.
- Standing committees whose membership will be determined by the Executive Board shall be established for the following tasks:
- Nominations of Officers
- The President shall be an ex-officio member of all standing committees.
- The Executive Board may create additional committees, and shall determine their size, composition and term of office.
- Fiscal Year
- Membership Fees
- Amendment Of Bylaws
The ANZIBA fiscal year shall begin on January 1 and end on December 31.
Membership fees shall be set by a two-thirds vote of the Executive Board and placed on the HomePage and posted to the ANZIBA Internet Mail.
Fees are payable on the first day of the fiscal year. (Annual fees are collected when a member joins and membership is valid for the following twelve months). Members who are both citizens and residents of low income or lower-middle income countries (as defined in the latest World Bank Atlas) may be charged a reduced fee at the discretion of the Executive Board. Other fee categories may be created by the Executive Board.
The Executive Board shall be responsible for proposing amendments to the Bylaws, and approval of such changes shall be determined by a majority of the votes cast by the membership.